Can I choose which doctor I go to?
Yes. You have the right to see any doctor that you choose. However, an injured worker is limited in that they may only go to two separate doctors without a referral.
Whenever you face the following dillemas:
- The doctor you chose and the company doctor disagree regarding your injury.
- Your employer or the insurance company asks you to give a recorded statement.
- You are asked to sign a settlement document.
- You cannot return to work because of your injury.
- It is more than two weeks since your injury and you have not recieved any benefits.
- You were terminated after your work injury
How long am I entitled to benefits after getting hurt at work?